Marilyn Monroe is a classic beauty and she deserves a little bling. Create a beautiful coaster or use it as resin artwork.
Be sure to Subscribe to my Craft Klatch YouTube channel!
You will need:
Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/2iTF1wh
Fastcast (cures white & fast): http://amzn.to/2iKkXkW
EasyCast (cures clear): http://amzn.to/2iTFqP7
Pink pigment: http://amzn.to/2iTCzWz
Circle cutter: http://amzn.to/2jxQ00m
I used a laser printer: http://amzn.to/2jxPLlX
Gems: Check out the craft store - I don't know the size, but they were small.
Pigment powder: http://amzn.to/2jxOjjC
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Brush the inside of the coaster mold with pigment powder. Tap off any excess.
2. Measure out your Fast Cast - in separate cups. You will need one ounce for the base.
3. Mix bright pink pigment into part A of the resin. Mix it well.
4. Then mix the Part A and Part B according to the package directions.
5. Pour into coaster mold and allow to cure.
6. Print your image onto card stock.
7. Use your circle cutter to cut the bottom of the image out, so it goes along with the curve of the coaster mold.
8. Cut the rest of the image out.
9. Take your black permanent marker and color the edge of the image, so you don't see the white edge. Let it dry.
10. Use the Super Gloss Mod Podge and adhere it to the resin coaster. Let it dry and do two more coats, to make sure the image is well sealed. Allow to completely dry.
11. Mix one ounce of the clear resin and pour it over the resin coaster. Pop bubbles with the lighter. Allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
12. Once cured, remove from mold.
13. Using tweezers, take small gems/rhinestones with flat backs and dip them into glue. Then place them on the coaster.
14. Once dry, your coaster is complete!
Hope you like it! Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!